Green IT in automotive logistics: Hellmann concludes worldwide framework agreement with software developer appliLog
Osnabrueck/ Passau, 1 October 2020. Global full-service provider Hellmann Worldwide Logistics has signed a framework agreement with the Passau-based software developer appliLog to further expand combined transport globally through software-supported supply chain management. The aim is to save CO2, especially in complex automotive logistics, by increasingly shifting transport units from road to rail.
Procurement logistics in the automotive sector builds on reliable "just-in-time" delivery of components, which requires optimal coordination of the logistical sub-processes. The innovative software "CapriComPlete" makes it possible to combine individual logistic single solutions in one single transport management system and thus to map the entire supply chain in one system. With status messages that are accurate to the minute and can be generated at the touch of a button, the software meets the complex requirements of the automotive business, taking into account the norms specified by the VDA (Association of German Automobile Manufacturers). Thus, "CapriComPlete" offers seamless transparency along the entire supply chain and maps road, rail and sea traffic in real time. In addition, status messages and reports provide all the information needed to intervene immediately in the event of deviations and to ensure seamless just-in-time procurement logistics.
Hellmann has been testing the software since April 2019 as part of a joint pilot project for the procurement logistics of a major German automobile manufacturer. By using "CapriComPlete" and the resulting intelligent combination of modes of transport, up to 80 trucks or 400 shipments are already being shifted to rail every day. Based on the successful testing of the software in Germany, a contract extension has now been signed, so that "CapriComPlete" will be rolled out at Hellmann on a global scale as of 2021.
"The topic of sustainability has always been a particular focus at Hellmann and our goal is to get more shipments onto the rails worldwide," says Dirk Baerbock, Head of Multimodal Solutions Europe, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics. "By using the Green IT software from appliLog GmbH, we can offer our automotive customers intermodal transport solutions and at the same time reduce the CO2 footprint sustainably − across national borders".
"The complex requirements in automotive logistics lead to a situation where pure manpower is often no longer sufficient to map the process seamlessly and comprehensibly on the one hand and effectively and cost-efficiently on the other. Our transport management system "CapriComPlete" is capable of transparently displaying the entire process in a consistent system," says Joachim Müller, Managing Director of appliLog GmbH.
For more than 20 years, the software company appliLog GmbH from Passau has made it its business to adapt flexibly and innovatively to the market. Over the years, appliLog has developed an expertise in automotive logistics that is second to none. appliLog develops and operates software for freight forwarding companies from order processing to customer-specific billing.
- 2020-09-24Hellmann appoints Monika Thielemann-Hald as Global Head of Automotive Logistics
- 2020-07-29Hellmann and Qwyk start cooperation to digitize global LCL sailing schedule
- 2020-07-01Hellmann: GEODIS becomes new transport partner for France
- 2020-06-04Hellmann transports 3 million masks for Berlin state government
Click here to register for the Hellmann Journal.
Click here to register for our Rail Solutions International Newsletter.
Head of Corporate Communications
+49 151 2034 0316 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
SE & Co. KG
- 2020-05-27Hellmann Worldwide Logistics implements CargoWise to further drive digitization
- 2020-05-12Hellmann and Silgan Closures EMEA extend their 10 year-long collaboration
- 2020-03-12Hellmann takes over contract logistics for JAKKS Pacific throughout Europe
- 2020-03-03Hellmann Worldwide Logistics opens new branch in Poland
- 2020-02-05Hellmann and BusinessCode develop new tracking tool for sea freight: Smart Ocean
- 2020-02-03Hellmann expands Executive Board
- 2019-09-25Hellmann Worldwide Logistics launches own branch in France
- 2019-09-24Night Star Express Hellmann N.V. wins tender for Mazda Motor Logistics Europe
- 2019-09-06Hellmann strengthen their management team
- 2019-04-04Night Star Express Hellmann receives the Partner Supplier Award from John Deere, for the second time
- 2018-11-28Hellmann Worldwide Logistics and cargo.one sign cooperation agreement driving digitalization of logistics industry forward
- 2018-11-07Hellmann launches innovative real-time tracking system with automated return management
- 2018-08-23REC Group and Hellmann Worldwide Logistics extend contract
- 2018-08-17Hellmann and Bergisch Achsen KG start field tests with retro-fitted electric motor for commercial vehicles
- 2018-07-23Hellmann Contract Logistics and Siemens AG extend contract
- 2018-07-16Hellmann Worldwide Logistics reorganizes its CFO division: Dr. Alexander Blum hands over to Dr. Michael Noth
- 2018-04-16Robert Bommers becomes new COO Contract Logistics at Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
- 2018-04-12Hellmann UAE presents new joint venture “Hellmann Indu Chemical“ at Middle East Coatings Show in Dubai
- 2017-12-08Dr. Dieter Schramm to be new Head of Global IT Operations at Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
- 2017-12-01Hellmann operates as an SE & Co. KG as of December 1, 2017
- 2017-07-31Hellmann Worldwide Logistics: New Company Structure, Effective August 1, 2017
- 2017-07-25Hellmann Worldwide Logistics: Successful Business Year 2016
- 2017-04-27Matthias Magnor is the new Chief Operating Officer (COO) Road & Rail and Bart de Vries is the new Chief Operating Officer (COO) Air & Sea Freight at Hellmann
- 2017-02-20Hellmann establishes new loading technology for complete vehicle transportation between Asia and Europe
- 2017-02-13Uwe Neumeier is the new Chief Digital Officer (CDO) at Hellmann
- 2016-06-30Sri Lanka Managing Directress of Hellmann won gold award in supply chain
- 2016-06-28Lianyungang Port and Hellmann deepen cooperation
- 2016-06-08Hellmann Worldwide Logistics – New Track and Trace App
- 2016-03-14Hellmann Worldwide Logistics Pioneers Pricing and Sales Automation with Freightos AcceleRate™ Rollout
- 2016-03-07Cooperation between Hellmann East Europe and Gebrüder Weiss in Georgia
- 2016-01-27DEKRA Certification GmbH confirms Information Security at Hellmann Worldwide Logistics - Tested and certified according to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- 2016-01-12Hellmann Worldwide Logistics remodels its German national organization
- 2016-01-07Frank Liebelt is new Chief People Officer of Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
- 2015-12-07 Ground-Breaking Logistics facility launched by Hellmann
- 2015-12-01Hellmann Worldwide Logistics under new leadership
- 2015-03-25Adreas Kujawski to Take Leadership Role of German Sea-Air Division at Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
- 2015-03-16Audited and certified according to ISO 27001 – TÜRKAK confirms top-level information security for Hellmann Istanbul
- 2015-03-04Hellmann East Europe to expand despite Russian-Ukrainian Conflict
- 2015-03-02Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, host of the 2015 IFOY Award, proves top-quality in the FCL & LCL Shipment Sector