Hellmann and Symbic develop innovative light-guide-system for order picking
Osnabrueck, February 14, 2019. In cooperation with Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, the start-up Symbic has developed "Logistic Lights" to become what they are today - an innovative alternative to the pick-by-light technology previously used for order picking. Instead of providing each shelf compartment with pick-by-light technology as was customary up to now, with "Logistic Lights", only one single mobile spot is installed for picking which can record any number of storage locations. By scanning the article with the MDE or finger scanner, the spot knows which of the carton locations to illuminate, so that order pickers can see at a glance where to sort the item. In addition to intuitive operation, the system, which can be recalibrated within minutes, is highly flexible.
The Osnabrueck-based start-up, Symbic has developed "Logistic Lights" especially for use in contract logistics. As part of a pilot project, the test phase at the global logistics service provider Hellmann began during the Christmas period. In the pilot phase, Hellmann already recorded an average time saving of around five seconds per pick by the use of "Logistic Lights".
"The system is simple, but effective. In addition, the results speaks for themselves: The equally flexible and intuitive application increases our employee efficiency and satisfaction. "Logistic Lights" are a great alternative to classic "pick-by-light" and "put-to-light" systems," explains Robert Bommers, COO, Contract Logistics at Hellmann Worldwide Logistics.
Symbic Managing Director Achim Hendriks adds, "Right from the start, our goal was to improve both efficiency and ergonomics in the process. Thanks to the application-oriented cooperation with the logistics service provider Hellmann Worldwide Logistics and its expertise in contract logistics, we were able to develop a customized product that impresses with its ease of use. The savings of an average of five seconds per pick even exceeded our original expectations."
You can experience "Logistic Lights" at the BMWi joint stand at LogiMAT 2019 from 19.02.-21.02. in Stuttgart (Hall 2, Stand B11L).
- 2019-01-09Gerald Mayrhofer appointed new Global Head of Sea Freight at Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
- 2019-01-07Hellmann Worldwide Logistics: Mark Hellmann becomes CEO for the Partner Network
- 2018-11-28Hellmann Worldwide Logistics and cargo.one sign cooperation agreement driving digitalization of logistics industry forward
- 2018-11-07Hellmann launches innovative real-time tracking system with automated return management
Click here to register for our Rail Solutions International Newsletter.
Head of Corporate Communications
+49 151 2034 0316 email@example.com
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
SE & Co. KG
- 2018-08-23REC Group and Hellmann Worldwide Logistics extend contract
- 2018-08-17Hellmann and Bergisch Achsen KG start field tests with retro-fitted electric motor for commercial vehicles
- 2018-07-23Hellmann Contract Logistics and Siemens AG extend contract
- 2018-07-16Hellmann Worldwide Logistics reorganizes its CFO division: Dr. Alexander Blum hands over to Dr. Michael Noth
- 2018-04-16Robert Bommers becomes new COO Contract Logistics at Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
- 2018-04-12Hellmann UAE presents new joint venture “Hellmann Indu Chemical“ at Middle East Coatings Show in Dubai
- 2017-12-08Dr. Dieter Schramm to be new Head of Global IT Operations at Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
- 2017-12-01Hellmann operates as an SE & Co. KG as of December 1, 2017
- 2017-07-31Hellmann Worldwide Logistics: New Company Structure, Effective August 1, 2017
- 2017-07-25Hellmann Worldwide Logistics: Successful Business Year 2016
- 2017-04-27Matthias Magnor is the new Chief Operating Officer (COO) Road & Rail and Bart de Vries is the new Chief Operating Officer (COO) Air & Sea Freight at Hellmann
- 2017-02-20Hellmann establishes new loading technology for complete vehicle transportation between Asia and Europe
- 2017-02-13Uwe Neumeier is the new Chief Digital Officer (CDO) at Hellmann
- 2016-06-30Sri Lanka Managing Directress of Hellmann won gold award in supply chain
- 2016-06-28Lianyungang Port and Hellmann deepen cooperation
- 2016-06-08Hellmann Worldwide Logistics – New Track and Trace App
- 2016-03-14Hellmann Worldwide Logistics Pioneers Pricing and Sales Automation with Freightos AcceleRate™ Rollout
- 2016-03-07Cooperation between Hellmann East Europe and Gebrüder Weiss in Georgia
- 2016-01-27DEKRA Certification GmbH confirms Information Security at Hellmann Worldwide Logistics - Tested and certified according to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- 2016-01-12Hellmann Worldwide Logistics remodels its German national organization
- 2016-01-07Frank Liebelt is new Chief People Officer of Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
- 2015-12-07 Ground-Breaking Logistics facility launched by Hellmann
- 2015-12-01Hellmann Worldwide Logistics under new leadership
- 2015-03-25Adreas Kujawski to Take Leadership Role of German Sea-Air Division at Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
- 2015-03-16Audited and certified according to ISO 27001 – TÜRKAK confirms top-level information security for Hellmann Istanbul
- 2015-03-04Hellmann East Europe to expand despite Russian-Ukrainian Conflict
- 2015-03-02Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, host of the 2015 IFOY Award, proves top-quality in the FCL & LCL Shipment Sector